Sunday 11 January 2015

Top 10 of 2014



I'm in no doubt that there's going to be many new and exciting products being released over the next 12 months, which made me think about my most used and loved beauty and skin care  products from the year we've just left behind. So without further a do, here's my top 10 products I've been using most last year (in no particular order):



Clarins One Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser: As I've mentioned in previous posts I'm constantly having a battle with cleansers and I'm always on the hunt for the perfect one. I've got spot prone skin, esecially around certain times of the month and this cleanser has helped dramatically. Yes I still get the odd spot here and there but that's just something that can't be helped. My skin is smoother, softer and more radiant after using this. It's on the pricier side for a cleanser but I think skin care is really important so I'm willing to dig slightly deeper into my pocket. The tiny exfoliating beads within the product are very gentle on my sensitive skin and I haven't really got a bad word to say about this. Well done Clarins!

RRP £20.00 available from any Clarins counter, Clarins own website or boots.com.

 


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: Ever since I discovered this it has been my holy grail primer. It's the king of all the primers that exist and I honestly cannot sing it's praises highly enough. It keeps my foundation on for longer, makes me skin feel like silk and smoothes everything out. Smashbox have well and truly smashed it!

RRP £25.00 available at smashbox.co.uk or any smashbox counter.



Mac lipstick - Snob: I feel like this would enter my most used beauty products list for the past 3 years or so. I go through phases of wearing this every single day, then I'll put it to the back of my collection for a while; but I always rediscover it. It's just that shade that's so easy to wear but adds a touch of girlyness and glamour. As you can see from the above photo, I'm very close to finising it and yes, I will be repurchasing!

RRP £15.50 available in your local MAC or from their website by clicking here.



Tom Ford  lip colour - Vanilla Suede: Everything about this lipstick is on such a luxury level; the packaging, the consistency, the way it looks on the lip. It is a very pale nude, but saying that it is also very wearable. It's got a lovely almost sparkle to it. The price is... high, to say the least, but it is Tom Ford and I can honestly say that after owning a couple of lipsticks from Tom Ford they are one of the best I've used. Although I won't be repurchasing in a hurry due to having to live off toast for a week after any Tom Ford purchase, I do find this in my make-up bag on a regular basis.

RRP  £37.00 available from Selfridges, Harrods, John Lewis or their online stores.



Sleek Make Up Brow Kit - Dark: Pretty much a dupe of Benefits Browzings but for a fraction of the price. Used with an angled brush you can get such sharp, precise lines with the highly pigmented wax. I use the powder for the beginning of my brows and also to set the wax. It comes with 2 brushes and some mini tweezers. All in all it's a really neat little kit. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a brow snob, but this kit ticks all the right boxes.

RRP £8.50 available from sleekmakeup.com, Boots, or Superdrug.



Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel: This is everything I'd want in a moisturizer. It hydrates my skin, feels soft and silky on application, sinks in pretty quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling at all greasy or oily. It's fairly lightweight so doesn't give me any issues when I put it on in the morning before my daily make-up. Definitely worth a re-purchase once I run out.


RRP £17.50 - £30.00 available from your nearest Clinique counter or www.clinique.co.uk.

 
 

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Gradual Tanning Moisturiser: I've always been a bit of a fake tan fiend; a golden glow and no UV damage, what's not to love?! I however am not a fan of it drying out my skin and the natural patchiness it leaves as it wears away. This product allows me not to worry about looking all patchy and lizard like though, as it's very gradual and so moisturising (hence the cocoa butter formula). A few applications of this every week and viola, natural looking bronzy glowy skin. Although you may have a slight biscuity scent about you, but hey, that's all the rage for 2015, didn't you know?!


RRP £5.59 available in your local drugstore, failing that try boots.com.
 


Lancôme Blush Subtil Long Lasting Powder Blusher: I have 3 shades of this blusher and they're all equally lovely. The colours are natural and leave you with such a healthy looking glow about you. They're pigmented so you only need a small amount but are also very buildable. The colour pay off is great and very long lasting.

RRP
£27.50 available from lancome.co.uk or your nearest Lancôme counter.



Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner: So cheap yet so, SO good. It's pretty much the best liquid eyeliner I've ever used. I've been through countless brands and styles of liquid liner in the hunt to get the perfect winged look but I finally think I've found the pot at gold at the end of the eyeliner rainbow! Smooth, easy application, no tugging, no cracking and long lasting. Plus it doesn't break the bank!

RRP: £2.50 available from Boots, Superdrug or their websites.



Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: Since discovering Estee Lauders cult classic Double Wear foundation a few years ago I repurchased it religiously and never wore anything else. But since working a full time job and applying it every day it started to burn a big, fat hole in my purse so I wanted a cheaper alternative. I also wanted something a bit lighter and more suitable for every day wear. Bourjois have a really good reputation for their foundations so I picked up this little beauty and haven't looked back. I'd say it's medium coverage, smells divine and is long lasting. It's in my make-up bag every single day and I won't be taking it out any time soon.

RRP £9.99 available from boots.com or your local Boots store.

 

What are your most used and loved products of 2014? Are any of them on this list?

 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the smashbox primer!! only discovered it last week, it's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete