Friday 10 May 2013

Review: MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

For the past couple of years I've been a big fan of Benefit's High Beam liquid highlighter, but recently I've become more adventurous in the highlighter department and I've tried out a few different ones including Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl and the highlighter included in MUA's Pro Base Conceal and Brighten kit. As I mainly use powder blush I wondered if a powder highlighter would compliment this more than a liquid one; not that I have any complaints about High Beam or any of the liquid highlighters I've been previously using for that matter.
As I was in Superdrug (as usual) I decided to pick up MUA's Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter and give it a go. I often pick up MUA products to try them out as they're so reasonably priced and as the highlighter retails for just £3, I really couldn't say no.



Packaging: The packaging is nothing special to be honest, it's very plastic looking and looks a bit cheap. There's nothing drastically wrong with it though, it does the job it's intended for and I think it's quite nice that you're able to see the product through the window as it looks so pretty.
I would however like there to be a mirror included within the compact, but maybe for £3 I'm asking for a bit too much!

Score: 5/10


Product: The product itself looks so gorgeous in the pan, it kind of reminds me of the sea, I think it's the wavey effect! It's a compact powder with a slight shimmer to it and it's quite pale in colour. I first sweep my brush through it tapping off any excess afterwards. I then apply this to the tops of my cheekbones and a little down the bridge of my nose. It gives my skin a lovely glow and looks even better when it catches the light. I would say that the powder is buildable depending on how much of a sheen you want to give your cheeks, but one sweep is enough to give me the effect I desire.

Score: 9/10


Overall opinion: The back of the package states that the product is a "Lightweight powder that transforms your complexion with luminescent shimmer" and I'd have to agree with it. It has a very light texture and when I'm wearing it I completley forget that I have it on my face until I catch a glimpse in the mirror. This really is a very good product which does as it says and I will be purchasing it again once mine runs out. Plus it's just £3; yes I know I keep mentioning the price but I really can't get over the value for money!

Score: 8/10

What's your favourite highlighter? Have you tried this MUA one?




No comments:

Post a Comment