Thursday 27 March 2014

Review: Lancome Gel Eclat Clarifying Cleanser Pearly Foam


First of all I want to apologise for not reviewing anything or blogging at all for that matter for nearly a year now. I've realised I love to write and I love anything beauty related so I need to keep this up, plus I find it really therapeutic and it gives me something to really get my teeth into.
I don't want a lengthy, boring introduction so let's get down to business (& now I have Eminem's song 'Business' in my head).
I wanted to come back with a review as I've collected quite a large amount of products over the last few months so thought a review would be perfect.

I'm the kind of person who really struggles to find a good cleanser and stick to it. I have combination skin, which has pretty much turned into dry skin over the winter months, but no doubt I'll have an oily t-zone over summer (oh, joy). This makes it difficult to find just one cleanser that's going to do what I want it to do throughout the year, so I find myself switching between cleansers and constantly trying out new ones. So, Lancome Gel Eclat Clarifying Cleanser Pearly Foam (what a mouthful!) happens to walk into my life and to be honest I don't want it walking back out anytime soon.








Packaging: The packaging is simple yet effective with a very clean, fresh look to it. I like the fact that it's white in colour and not overly fussy. It's got the simple Lancome logo in the middle in a lovely blue colour and I think it looks quite classy.
It comes in a tall tube so the product is easy to squeeze out. The lid opens very easily but also feels strong so I don't think it would easily snap or break like some plastic lids do. It is also very easy to control the amount of prouct that you want to come out. This is a big bonus for me as I hate being wasteful with products; especially when they're on the pricey side!

Score: 8/10



Product: For £22.50 you get 125ml of product, which, yes, in a nutshell is pretty pricey, but I cannot explain how much the tiniest amount of product goes. You literally need a pea sized amount of the cleanser which you then lather up in wet hands and apply all over the face. When I say a pea sized amount I mean it. I can see this bottle lasting a long long time.
I always find foaming cleansers very drying but this is a very different type of foam. It's quite thick and I find this useful as you can easily see where you've applied it. It's more of a creamy consistency rather than a foam I'd say and it doesn't feel drying to my skin whatsoever.
After gently massaging it all over my face and neck I wash it off with clean warm water, but you could use a damp flannel if you'd prefer. I find my face feels very clean and soft, the only downside is that I find my face does feel a little tight, but after using serum and moisturiser that soon disappears.
It smells really beautiful. I have sensitive skin and I was wary when using this as scented products can cause a reaction, but after a few weeks of using this my skin has never looked better. Even my sister has commented on how clear and fresh my skin is looking!


The back of the tube states: "a fine, luxurious pearly foam acts deep-down to free skin of toxins and impurities" and I'd have to agree with this as my skin has never been more soft or clear of spots and blemishes.

Score: 8/10

Overall opinion: I am loving this cleanser at the minute and I'm hoping my skin will carry on loving it as the weather gets hotter and my skin goes more oily (and shiny). It is fairly expensive, but in saying that it's a high end product that's of good quality and it'll honesly last you so long as you hardly have to use any at all!
Although I use a cleansing wipe to initially remove my make up, this cleanser does do a good job in removing any left over bits such as stubborn mascara that I've missed.
I'm so glad I decided to try this, although I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more different cleansers in the future as I just can't help myself.

Score: 8/10


The cleanser retails for £22.50 and is widely available at Lancome counters or on the Lancome website which you can access by clicking here.

Have you tried this cleanser? What's your all time favourite wash off cleanser?




1 comment:

  1. Hooray, you're back! Great blog sweetie, keep up the great work xxx

    ReplyDelete