Sunday 28 April 2013

Neon, hot or not?

When someone says 'neon' I automatically think of raves and summer festivals with glow sticks, whistles and a face full of brightly coloured face paint. But take a step back into summer 2012 and neon was popping up on jacket trims and hem lines left right and centre; this trend carried on throughout Autumn/Winter and it looks like it's here to stay making it's biggest appearance yet this Spring/Summer.
I've been known to sport a neon nail during the warm summer months, but nothing anymore daring, that is until I've been noticing neon items and products popping up umongst my beauty products and in my wardrobe recently. Which made me think, am I jumping onto the neon bandwagon without even knowing it?

 Katy Perry & Eylure Colour pop lashes


 Lime Crime uniliner in citreuse

I'm yet to wear the strip lashes but when I saw them I had to have them. They're black lashes with strips of peacock green running through them and they're absolutely gorgeous. I think they'll look amazing with some black liquid liner and maybe some green liner under the eye. 
You can purchase these from Superdrug for £6.45.

I purchased the Lime Crime Liquid eyeliner a while back from Cute Cosmetics website and the colour is just so unique and lovely. The colour is really opaque and is a mixture between a neon yellow and a bright green which really makes my green eyes pop.
It retails for £9.50 on the Lime Crime website or cutecosmetics.co.uk

 Neon yellow 7 inch heels

Topshop comic strip tube skirt

I purchased both the skirt and the shoes in the hope of wearing them together as an outfit with a plain black top. The skirt is lovely and stretchy and really adds a bit of kaboom (see what I did there?) to your wardrobe. The heels however aren't for the faint hearted, with a huge platform and massive 7 inch heel they do take a bit of getting used to, but I think I'm in love with them!
You can purchase the skirt from any Topshop store that has it in stock or failing that topshop.com.
I got the shoes from Ebay for £24.99, you can get them buy clicking here.

I have to say I'm kind of loving this neon trend and can't wait for the sun to come out so I have an excuse to buy some more bright clothes and accessories. I do however think you should be cautious if you're very pale skinned (like me) and not be afraid of slapping a bit of fake tan on before wearing something too bright, as I found out, it just washes you out. Other than that I say go for it, as long as the man on the bus opposite you isn't reaching for his sunglasses it's all good!

What do you think of the neon trend? Have you purchased into it?



No comments:

Post a Comment