Saturday 27 April 2013

Glamour goody bag

About 6 weeks ago whilst sat in my hospital bed, my dad came to visit me and bought some of my post up with him. Within all the boring stuff (including my redundancy letter, cry) there was an offer from Glamour magazine. Basically if I subscribed to Glamour for 12 months I'd get a goody bag worth £40 as well as the obvious monthly mag. I thought this was pretty good as I'd been meaning to subscribe to a monthly magazine, but when I found out I got it all for £9, yes that's £9, how could I say no?
So naturally, as I returned home, I hopped online, entered the code they had supplied me with and paid my £9. The bit I liked the most was there was no direct debit, it was just a simple £9 up front and that was that. Direct debits always tend to scare me slightly because I'm no stranger to forgetting to cancel something when I'm poor, then going overdrawn and into the red!
My goody bag arrived a few weeks later and my first issue of Glamour will arrive in May, then every month following until April 2014, yay! I deffo need some reading material as I'm house bound recovering!


Back to the goody bag. The items came in a cute pink paper bag complete with Glamour logo.



There were 4 products inside which weren't full size, but you got a fair amount to sample. These included:
  • Percy & Reed colour & shine shampoo 100ml
  • Percy & Reed colour & shine conditioner 100ml
  • L'Occitane hydration cream 20ml
  • L'Occitane face toner 50ml
 I'm pretty excited and pleased with the products I received as they are quite high end and can be very pricey, so I'm glad I get to try these out without parting with any of my cash. This way I can make my mind up whether these are must haves without having to feel too disappointed if I'm not a fan.



I haven't actually tried these out yet as I've only just purchased a new toner and moisturizer but I'm really excited to get started. I'm so pleased with this deal as I really would have just been happy to pay the £9 for the subscription so a few beauty products are always a bonus! I'll be testing out the hair care in due course so a review will probably be on the way too.

If you're a Glamour reader (UK) you can get a subscription here. They're currently offering a yearly subscription for £18 plus 2 free OPI nail laquers worth £23!

Have you tried any of these products? What magazine subscriptions are you currently signed up for?


No comments:

Post a Comment